Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2001/06/01 22:50:46 UTC

[c2] problems with uploading files

hey. i got a c2 webapp that needs to be able to accept uploaded files.
when i upload files from konqueror, it works fine. when i try it under
netscape or explorer, it fails. catalina.out tells me, in part:

*** seeking new part
-- String readLine returning [Content-Disposition: form-data;
name="image"; filename=""]; total read = 13658 out of 13780 bytes expected
  -- Seeking new part headers in Content-Disposition: form-data;
name="image"; filename=""
  ++ Setting part header [Content-Disposition] to [form-data]
  ++ Setting part header [name] to [image]
  ++ Setting part header [filename] to []
-- String readLine returning []; total read = 13660 out of 13780 bytes
expected
*** seeking part data
Seeking separator in filename []; index was -1
-- handling file part [unknown0]
-- handled file part
-- handled data, returning [------------0xKhTmLbOuNdArY--^M
^@]

which means nothing to me. cocoon tells me:

Could not add
record:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/balld/1body.jpg (Permission
denied)

/home/balld/1body.jpg is the name of the file as uploaded from my client,
but on the server it should be
/usr/local/jakarta/work/localhost/uptgen/image-dir/1body.jpg. has anyone
else had any experience (good or bad) uploading files to c2?

- donald