Posted to user@struts.apache.org by walidito <wa...@sgcib.com> on 2007/02/27 23:01:38 UTC

Re: [S2] how to upgrade to 2.0.6

thanks,

When you say  "library", are you talkin about the set of jars in web-inf/lib
?

If I understand well, you create a project each time ??!

Or do you always work on your "old" project and just update the jars ? If
so, could you please be more precise about other things that has to be
upgrades except the jars.

thanks

Walid

Re: [S2] how to upgrade to 2.0.6

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
See the release notes for detailed info on what's changed between
releases. That should tell you what, if anything, needs to change in
your project:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-202.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-203.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-204.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-205.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/release-notes-206.html

Pay particular attention to any 'Backward compatibility issues with
prior development release' sections. In general, these should cover
most/all of what you need to worry about with respect to changing your
application.

L.

Re: [S2] how to upgrade to 2.0.6

Posted by walidito <wa...@sgcib.com>.
Ok thank you very much for this concrete explaination. I got it.
The only think I'm still wondering, is if what you describe is enough to
upgrade because this looks (too) easy...
Of course I know you can not figure all the possible problems that can
happen, but if you or somebody could give other files to change or to
modify, it would be great to know before I migrate.

thanks

Walid