Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by xi...@sky-data.cn on 2018/05/02 12:52:44 UTC

where can view zookeeper detail

I found that zookeeper pkgs have updated after ambari 2.6.2 released.

What is new about zookeeper pkgs? Where can i get detail about it?

One difference i notice is that it install at /usr/hdp not /usr/bin.

/usr/hdp in the stack_root defined, if i redefine stack_root, the installation would fail since wrong installation path.

I think it would be better if install zookeeper pkgs can get stack_root.

Besides, can i build zookeeper pkgs from source codes?

Thanks

Xiang

Re: where can view zookeeper detail

Posted by xi...@sky-data.cn.
Thanks very much, but i am still confuse about rpms(zookeeper, zookeepr_{stack_version}, zookeeper_{stack_version}_server).
I download zookeeper source code but i do not know how to build above three rpms.
Which part or code generate above three rpms?

Services are not tied to Ambari releases but rather HDP releases. If you
look at Ambari 2.6.2 web UI during the install, it offers you various HDP
stacks to choose from. Because zookeeper is part of  HDP stacks, the
install location is fixed.

If you have your own full stack and expect it to exist under a different
directory than /usr/hdp, you should not use pre-built HDP Zookeeper RPM.
You need to build your own, you can try the Apache open source version.

Posted by Di Li <os...@gmail.com>.