Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/06/03 14:07:06 UTC

Creating a branch for DeltaSpike 2.0? Or 1.x maintenance?

Hey guys

I'm not sure there's much more for us to do in 1.x as far as feature goes,
but I could be wrong.  I do think we should start to ramp up work
DeltaSpike 2.0:

- Baseline on CDI 2.0, Java EE 8, Java 8
- Remove older components that are not needed any more
- See if there's new features we can add

Thoughts?  I'm thinking this could either be a 2.x branch, or we move
master to a 1.x maintenance branch while we work on 2.0 in master.

John

Re: Creating a branch for DeltaSpike 2.0? Or 1.x maintenance?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
> What about global alternatives? Could we remove them, too?

I fear not.
The way to achieve global alternatives in weld is by putting @Priority on any @Alternative.
But then it's a priory enabled. One would have to explicitly veto that bean.
We could probably do something with out ConfigExtension. We need to investigate further.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
@thomas: +1

@micro-profile:
e.g. we should keep @Transactional
(however, we should align the api with the data-module)

@core:
if we really use cdi2 as the new baseline, we can drop the builders as well
as the literals for std. annotations.

@test-control:
we should drop the mock-support (and document the manual approach - as
discussed recently).
+ we could move to junit-rules.

@servlet-module:
we can drop most parts of the injection-support.

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Yep!