Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shiladitya Sen <sh...@uci.edu> on 2016/04/07 05:26:28 UTC

Suggested edit in Lucene - Get Started: Overview

In the page
https://lucene.apache.org/core/5_5_0/demo/overview-summary.html#overview_description
in the subsection titled "Indexing Files" the command suggested is:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs {path-to-lucene}/src

I believe the file structure in the source file downloads has changed
and the command should be edited to:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs {path-to-lucene}

to avoid confusion.

Re: Suggested edit in Lucene - Get Started: Overview

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Thanks Shiladitya, I've fixed this for Lucene's next release after 6.0.0.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com