Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by tony k <to...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/02/23 06:01:17 UTC

mailing list archives (or sitemesh + myfaces)

anyone know if and where there is an archive of this mailing list?

i just accidentally blew away my inbox and there was a response to a
question i posted that i never got to read?

or, can some kind soul please forward to me recent response to my
question with subject something like:

"known issues with sitemesh + myfaces"

thanks in advance,
tony.

Re: mailing list archives (or sitemesh + myfaces)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Tony,

here is are links you're searching for:

-Matthias

--
Matthias Weßendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: mailing list archives (or sitemesh + myfaces)

Posted by Slawek <ss...@o2.pl>.
i have posted this:

what excatcly are u trying to do?

i guess that u have written decorator page with JSF tags...
am i right?

im not sure but i think its impossible to do that:/
your decorator page must be secified in conf file (for example:
mainDecorator.jsp), BUT jsf pages must be requested by somme virtual
path or special extension (for ex: mainDecorator.jsf)

and there is mismatch:/

sitemesh cant see mainDecorator.jsf file on your disk, so you must
call decorator as mainDecorator.jsp - which cant be filtered by
myFaces:/
so you can decorate jsf pages, but your decorator cant be written
with jsf tags (must be pure jsp)

i hope im not right;)
if anyone can write decorator with jsf tags-please show us the way..
.

Sławek Sobótka