Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gaet <ga...@free.fr> on 2005/10/12 13:28:04 UTC

Free Database Graphical Tool

  Hello,

  i'm sure it's not the right place but maybe some of you can help me...

  Do you know a Free Database Graphical Tool that allow to insert/update/delete in a graphical manner (like clicking into a cell as with Excel)?

  If an Eclipse plugin can do that I'm intersted also...

  Thanks for help

Re: Free Database Graphical Tool

Posted by 梁炳場 <pc...@gmail.com>.
fabFORCE is a free too. It supports ER diagram.

Posted by Ronald Holshausen <ug...@gmail.com>.
SquirrelSQL is another one, and I prefer it to some of the commercial ones.

Re: validator. i need help

Posted by Kishore Senji <ki...@gmail.com>.
Either extend ValidatorForm or ValidatorActionForm. There are Dyna flavors
of those forms as well. If you use Struts 1.2.4 your form can just be a POJO
without extending any flavor of ValidatorForm, Struts will just turn it into
a BeanValidatorForm which is a ValidatorForm and so the Validations would
work just fine. Please refer to the examples that come bundled with the
Struts source download.

Re: validator. i need help

Posted by Simons Kevin <fb...@skynet.be>.
Miren,

I have a working example now
this is the validator-rules.xml (nothing changed in fact the normal one
delivered with apache)
<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.1.3//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1_3.dtd">
<!--
  $Id: validator-rules.xml 159291 2005-03-28 20:19:29Z niallp $

   This file contains the default Struts Validator pluggable validator
   definitions.  It should be placed somewhere under /WEB-INF and
   referenced in the struts-config.xml under the plug-in element
   for the ValidatorPlugIn.

      <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
        <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,
                                                  /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
      </plug-in>

   These are the default error messages associated with
   each validator defined in this file.  They should be
   added to your projects ApplicationResources.properties
   file or you can associate new ones by modifying the
   pluggable validators msg attributes in this file.

   # Struts Validator Error Messages
   errors.required={0} is required.
   errors.minlength={0} can not be less than {1} characters.
   errors.maxlength={0} can not be greater than {1} characters.
   errors.invalid={0} is invalid.

   errors.byte={0} must be a byte.
   errors.short={0} must be a short.
   errors.integer={0} must be an integer.
   errors.long={0} must be a long.
   errors.float={0} must be a float.
   errors.double={0} must be a double.

   errors.date={0} is not a date.
   errors.range={0} is not in the range {1} through {2}.
   errors.creditcard={0} is an invalid credit card number.
   errors.email={0} is an invalid e-mail address.

   Note: Starting in Struts 1.2.0 the default javascript definitions have
         been consolidated to commons-validator. The default can be
overridden
         by supplying a <javascript> element with a CDATA section, just as
         in struts 1.1.

-->

<form-validation>

   <global>

      <validator name="required"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateRequired"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
                  msg="errors.required"/>

      <validator name="requiredif"
                 classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
                 method="validateRequiredIf"
                 methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                               org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                               org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                               org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                               org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                               javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
                 msg="errors.required"/>

      <validator name="validwhen"
          msg="errors.required"
                 classname="org.apache.struts.validator.validwhen.ValidWhen"
                 method="validateValidWhen"
                 methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"/>

      <validator name="minlength"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateMinLength"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.minlength"
           jsFunction="org.apache.commons.validator.javascript.validateMinLength"/>

      <validator name="maxlength"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateMaxLength"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.maxlength"
           jsFunction="org.apache.commons.validator.javascript.validateMaxLength"/>

      <validator name="mask"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateMask"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.invalid"/>

      <validator name="byte"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateByte"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.byte"
       jsFunctionName="ByteValidations"/>

      <validator name="short"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateShort"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.short"
       jsFunctionName="ShortValidations"/>

      <validator name="integer"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateInteger"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.integer"
       jsFunctionName="IntegerValidations"/>

      <validator name="long"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateLong"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.long"/>

      <validator name="float"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateFloat"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.float"
       jsFunctionName="FloatValidations"/>

      <validator name="double"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateDouble"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.double"/>

      <validator name="date"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateDate"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.date"
       jsFunctionName="DateValidations"/>

      <validator name="intRange"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateIntRange"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends="integer"
                  msg="errors.range"/>

      <validator name="floatRange"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateFloatRange"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends="float"
                  msg="errors.range"/>

      <validator name="doubleRange"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateDoubleRange"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends="double"
                  msg="errors.range"/>

      <validator name="creditCard"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateCreditCard"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.creditcard"/>

      <validator name="email"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateEmail"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.email"/>

      <validator name="url"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateUrl"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
              depends=""
                  msg="errors.url"/>

     <!--
       This simply allows struts to include the validateUtilities into a
page, it should
       not be used as a validation rule.
     -->
     <validator name="includeJavaScriptUtilities"
            classname=""
               method=""
         methodParams=""
              depends=""
                  msg=""
           jsFunction="org.apache.commons.validator.javascript.validateUtilities"/>

   </global>

</form-validation>

and this is validation.xml

<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation// DTD
Commons Validator Rules Configuration 1.1.1.3//EN"
       "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1_3.dtd">

<form-validation>
  <formset>
    <form name="testForm">
      <field property="name" depends="required">
        <arg0 key="Name" resource ="false"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>
</form-validation>

just change form name with your class name linked with your form to
validate. and replace property with the property you want to validate.

Re: validator. i need help

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Here is an example of subclassing DynaValidatorActionForm with
validation-rules.xml outlined
Miren-
Great article located here detailing validator-rules.xml identified
validator.xml
which contains field depends clause identifiying the field to validate
good example of inlining JavaScript thru <javascript> <![CDATA[
function
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Java/Validator/6/
HTH,
Martin-

validator. i need help

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning All
I have a preference for Toad which has a Entity Relationship Diagrammer
facility
The featureset for Schema Diagramming and PL/SQL generation is far more
extensive and intuitive than any of the other tools I have seen ...Take a
look at
http://www.ldotsix.co.za/TOAD%20vs%20SQL%20Navigator.htm
Anyone else?
Martin-

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.

Posted by 梁炳場 <pc...@gmail.com>.
I just try it.

SQuirrel SQL Client Version 2.0 final is very good.

Posted by 梁炳場 <pc...@gmail.com>.
How about SQLExplorer.
It also has Eclipse plugin.

Posted by Zsolt <zk...@intland.com>.