Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Debraj Mallick <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/17 07:53:28 UTC

struts2 properties file reload on modification

hi all,

in my application i need to reload the properties file every time i
make any changes, it can be achieved by using struts.properties like

struts.devMode=true
struts.configuration.xml.reload=true
struts.i18n.reload=true
struts.custom.i18n.resources=global

also we can do it in struts.xml like

<constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />
<constant name="struts.i18n.reload" value="true" />
<constant name="struts.configuration.xml.reload" value="true" />
<constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="global" />

i have done the same thing as it is written in the struts2
documentation "http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/devmode.html",
but the problem is it is not working, please let me know what i am missing.

Re: struts2 properties file reload on modification

Posted by Debraj Mallick <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Łukasz Lenart, it works.

Re: struts2 properties file reload on modification

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/9/19 Debraj Mallick <sr...@gmail.com>:
> i am using struts 2.2.1.1 (it is maven project), i am using IDE

Answer is here [1], so upgrade to the latest available version and you're done.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3602

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: struts2 properties file reload on modification

Posted by Debraj Mallick <sr...@gmail.com>.
i am using struts 2.2.1.1 (it is maven project), i am using IDE
(SpringSource Tool 2.7.1), i have modifed the the deployed properties
also, but not getting any changes so i have to build the project and
again deploy it. i am using Tomcat 6.0.26.

Re: struts2 properties file reload on modification

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/9/17 Debraj Mallick <sr...@gmail.com>:
> i have done the same thing as it is written in the struts2
> documentation "http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/devmode.html",
> but the problem is it is not working, please let me know what i am missing.

How do you deploy your app ? Do you modify the deployed file or
locally in IDE ? Which Struts version ?

Regards