Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 23:21:06 UTC

Re: MyFaces schedule component - SOME ISSUES.

> 1. The method DefaultScheduleEntryRenderer::getColor( does nothing
> when I switch to monthly schedule mode "mode=3". The Schedule
> component shows the same colors although the stack trace shows this
> method getting invoked, and returns the correct results (like -
> "rgb(0,255,0)" or "rgb(255,0,0)"…).

This might be a bug: could you report it on JIRA?

> 2. The method DefaultScheduleEntryRenderer::renderContent does not
> allow an alternative way to specify a custom design for every entry
> even though it allows hardcoding html tags. I did not find a way to
> use the power of jsf (event handling, listeners, validation,
> components like - selectOneMenu, commandButton, inputText, etc.).
>
> Is there a way to specify components for each schedule entry just
> using standard jsf tags? Like in "t:dataTable" where one can specify a
> different design for every column?

At the moment it is not possible to add nested JSF components inside the
t:schedule. It might be a nice addition for a future version... First I
urgently have to address the existing issues though, there are about 16
of them waiting for my attention...

> 3. I could not find a way to separately invoke actions for inner
> elements attached to the schedule entry (edit entry graphics button,
> or delete entry). I see just one possibility which is to call an
> action for whole entry.

This problem is related to item 2. The only thing you can do at the
moment is call an action for the whole entry.

> 4. The schedule component it not included in a released standard
> Tomahawk jar file. I had to use snapshots.

The t:schedule will be included in the 1.1.4 release of Tomahawk.

Jurgen

Jurgen Lust
email: jlust@apache.org
blog: http://jroller.com/page/jurgenlust