Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/07/06 21:42:15 UTC

July podling incubator board reports

Hi,

The Apache board meets at its earliest time this month (July 15), so
the incubator reports are due this Wednesday July 8 (one week before
the board meeting).

One measure of readiness for graduation is the ability to create
reports for the board. (This is not optional...)

If no volunteers by Tuesday, I'll throw something together for the
reports.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: July podling incubator board reports

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 17, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Mentors,
> I am starting to gather information on what needs to be done to
> create an
> incubator release. So far I have been referring to the
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html there seem
> to be
> a lot of 'TODO's in that document.

That's as good of a guide as you're going to find. You can expect that
you won't get everything right, the first time. Plan on this being an
iterative process. Also, plan on the process taking more time that you
think it will...

> Our download structure seems to have most of the artifacts listed in
> the
> documentation in terms of source code folder, license, notices etc
> We have the following
> 1. a source zip
>        a. License
>        b. Notice
>        c. Folders for each of the components in Imperius following the
> maven structure
>                cimspl-samples
>                imperius-cimsplclientsideprovider
>                cimspl-common
>                imperius-cimsplextension
>                imperius-cimsplprovider
>                imperius-javaspl
>                imperius-javasplextension
>                imperius-splcore
>                imperius-spleditorcore
>                javaspl-samples
>
> 2. binary zip
>        a. docs
>        b. lib
>        c. samples
>        d. license
>        e. notice
>        f. readme
>

> In terms of bugs we plan to review the open ones and figure out
> which ones
> are critical and need to be closed prior to the release
>
> Do you see any missing pieces in the distribution structure that we
> have
> currently?
> Do you have any other pointers on what would be the best way to go
> about
> building this release?

The only think that I notice is missing in the above, is an Incubator
DISCLAIMER, which is required for Incubator releases.

--kevan

Re: July podling incubator board reports

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 18, 2009, at 8:50 AM, Xiping Wang wrote:

> Yes, We are merging our bug fixes into Imperius and making good
> progress towards a release.

Great!

Personally, I'd like to see some more detailed discussions about what
changes are coming. This may be hard, but if possible -- smaller,
incremental changes are easier for the community to consume. One big
code drop will be hard.

--kevan

Re: July podling incubator board reports

Posted by Xiping Wang <xi...@us.ibm.com>.
Yes, We are merging our bug fixes into Imperius and making good progress
towards a release.

Xiping

  From:       Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>

  To:         imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

  Date:       09/18/2009 08:42 AM

  Subject:    Re: July podling incubator board reports

On Jul 17, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Mentors,
> I am starting to gather information on what needs to be done to
> create an
> incubator release. So far I have been referring to the
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html there seem
> to be
> a lot of 'TODO's in that document.

I've seen a few bug fixes, but no forward progress towards a release.
Wondering what people's thoughts are... Is there interest in
generating a release?

--kevan

Re: July podling incubator board reports

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Mentors,
[...]

Thanks
Neeraj

"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>
To:
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
07/07/2009 01:51 PM

On Jul 6, 2009, at 7:08 PM, David L Kaminsky wrote:

> did imperius ever do an official release? if not, why not? i seem to
> remember the topic coming up a bunch, but no release...

No. The inability of the community to generate a release does not bode
well, IMO. We added several new committers to the project back in
April. I was hoping that we might see some movement in the community.
However, I think progress has been minimal at best.

Personally, I think it's time to start thinking about when this
podling should be shutdown, unless real progress is made.

--kevan

Re: July podling incubator board reports

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David L Kaminsky <dl...@us.ibm.com>.
did imperius ever do an official release?  if not, why not?  i seem to
remember the topic coming up a bunch, but no release...

thanks!

  From:       Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS

  To:         imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

  Date:       07/06/2009 05:00 PM

Hey Craig,
I will give it a shot for Imperius
Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>
To:
olio-dev@incubator.apache.org, tashi-dev@incubator.apache.org,
shiro-dev@incubator.apache.org, jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org,
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
07/06/2009 03:45 PM
Subject:

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey Craig,

From:
Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>
To:
olio-dev@incubator.apache.org, tashi-dev@incubator.apache.org,
shiro-dev@incubator.apache.org, jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org,
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
07/06/2009 03:45 PM
Subject:

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Cool. Thanks.

Craig

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.
It's a fair statement of current state, I'd say. :)

Andrew

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.
Anybody else this time?  If not, I'll be happy to write one...