Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jauhari, Sachin" <Sa...@fiserv.com> on 2015/05/21 10:27:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Query on Apache Webserver Server

Hi,

I want to use Apache Webserver with mod_jk module for HTTP load balancing with JBoss application server.

However, Apache HTTP Server Project itself does not provide binary releases of software for Windows, only source code is available. The option is either to compile the Apache HTTP Server, else download a binary package from numerous binary distributions available on the Internet.

Could anyone suggest if this combination can be recommended for use in the customers in production system ?  Will this have any security risk/concerns since Apache is open source tool and application binaries either need to be compiled/downloaded?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Sachin Jauhari

Re: [users@httpd] Query on Apache Webserver Server

Posted by Rajesh Cherukuri <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Below are he steps i did , which works for me

Install mod_jk connector
 Now Apache httpd server is ready. we need to add ajp support to server.
download the mod_jk connector module from . extract it and install it
cd native
./configure    --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
make
sudo make install
here  --with-apxs option to specify where apxs module is located. so we
need to give Apache httpd server location.
now mod_jk.so files is created on modules directory in apache installed
location (/usr/local/apache/modules)

Configure mod_jk connector
This step have 2 sub step

      Create workers.properties file
       Load and configure the JK connector module in apache httpd.conf file

Posted by Erik Person <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi!