Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/04 17:31:48 UTC

"list virtualmachines name=" problem.

Hi,
  I found when I try to list details of the VM with name vm-1 by:
list virtualmachines name=vm-1

Cloudstack will also return me with info of another VM machine of vm-10, so
I got 2 VMs info here.
How to avoid this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Dan

Re: "list virtualmachines name=" problem.

Posted by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Harikrishna,
  Thanks, surely UUID will work in this case, but why not let user decide
the match pattern himself? E.g:
list virtualmachines name=vm-1*
to list vm-1, vm-10, vm-11 ......

I think VM name is unique for all the VMs user created? It would be natural
if all details of a VM could be got through its name, i.e:
vm_name==>vm_details

Cheers,
Dan

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@citrix.com>.