Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mothi86 <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/23 21:02:06 UTC

Is it an AND or OR condition of attributes in getTwitter processor (Terms to Filter On, Locations to Filter On)

Hi,

getTwitter processor has 4 attributes
* Languages
* Terms to Filter On
* IDs to Follow
* Locations to Filter On

Is this an AND condition or OR condition between these attributes.

I see that when I filter locations with Canada bounding box and list of
terms to filter on - Resulting flowfiles are tweets which are satisfied with
locations but not the terms to filter on. Please advise.

Re: Is it an AND or OR condition of attributes in getTwitter processor (Terms to Filter On, Locations to Filter On)

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
This is driven by the underlying library and service as defined here
https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview/request-parameters

From the location section,
https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview/request-parameters#locations:

Bounding boxes do not act as filters for other filter parameters. For
> example track=twitter&locations=-122.75,36.8,-121.75,37.8 would match any
> Tweets containing the term Twitter (even non-geo Tweets) OR coming from the
> San Francisco area.

If you wish to constrain tweets to a given geo area, you could use NiFi
processors to filter out the desired terms.