Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com> on 2016/05/17 18:03:56 UTC

Minutes from 5/17/16 Drill Hangout

Attendees: Hakim, Parth, Paul, Jinfeng, Aman, Neeraja, Andries, Vitalii,
John O, Wojtek, Khurram, Gautam, Jeff Downton

1) Andries noted that  BI tool vendors are hitting DRILL-3510 and
DRILL-4682 in the SQL dialect they're generating.  I'll have folks on the
MapR end look into fixing these.

2) Vitalii is working on DRILL-4673.  He asked if we should add support for
the equivalent functionality with views.  John indicated yes.  Vitalii will
add it as part of fixing this for tables.

3) Aman would like feedback on DRILL-4679.  He'll initiate a discussion on
the Jira.

4) John talked about his work getting Caravel to work with Drill.  He has a
docker container that allows Caravel to talk to Drill over ODBC.  More work
is needed to get the SQL dialect working with Drill, and he'd love it if
others in the community can help.  Neeraja indicated that she will give it
a try and knows a couple of folks on the MapR end who are interested in
helping.