Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/04 11:51:52 UTC

unstable master branch

Hello,

While developing it is really difficult to keep up with the master
branch, it continuously gets broken. master and release-2.x diverge a
lot as well, hence I am sitting on the fence for whether I should base
my changes on master or release-2.x. This is my current state:

$ git remote -v
origin  git@github.com:vy/log4j2.git (fetch)
origin  git@github.com:vy/log4j2.git (push)
upstream        https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2.git (fetch)
upstream        https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2.git (push)
$ git fetch -pP upstream
$ git rebase upstream/master
Current branch master is up to date.
$ git diff master..upstream/master
$ rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/logging
$ ./mvnw clean package -Dmaven.test.skip=true
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project log4j-plugins: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-plugins:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not
find artifact org.apache.logging.log4j:log4j-api:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

I have checked Travis[1] and Jenkins[2], their end doesn't look bright either.

How do you people deal with this? How do you develop? Which branch
shall I use to base JsonTemplateLayout?

Kind regards.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/logging-log4j2/builds
[2] https://builds.apache.org/view/L/view/Logging/

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
The Jenkins build of master is now working on Windows. It seems ResolverUtil had a bug that I fixed on the release-2.x branch last year but forgot to migrate to master. That fix has now been applied.

Ralph

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.
Even after a clean checkout:

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I guess if I had understood I could have told you that.  I believe the default-jar configuration is built into the maven jar plugin.

Ralph

Re: unstable master branch

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: unstable master branch