Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/12/01 00:30:41 UTC

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Slider is not a built-in in regular HTML so it has a model, view and
controller beads.  IIRC, you are kicking out a lot of default CSS that
defines those beads.  Have you explicitly brought them in?  Otherwise the
SliderMouseController may not be running.

-Alex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

And it's started :) It do not work on my Chrome, but working in other
browsers. Could you give a try on your Chrome if you have.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Great you get that solved! :)

> Carlos,
>
> Like I thought it's something with my environment. I just compiled MDL
> example end it's now working in my Chrome :)
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Yep it's working in my Chrome.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Piotr,

could give feedback if the following example works for you?
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/materialdesignlite/materialdesignlite_sliders.htm

thanks

> Josh,
>
> I did it. I don't get any errors in console. Still think that's something
> with my environment if it's working on others PCs.
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

RE: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yishay and Piotr,

It might help Carlos if you can open up the browser's developer tools when
the demo fails and post any errors you see in the console. Even if he can't
reproduce himself, a null reference or something at a specific line might
be enough of a clue.

- Josh

On Dec 30, 2016 11:41 AM, "Yishay Weiss" <yi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

It works on my windows 10 machine on Chrome, FF, IE. Edge doesn’t show the
slider button for some reason.

Nice demo. I think when people see the source code, alongside the elegant
result, they’ll be all the more curious about FlexJS.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Thanks Yishay, for take a look and for the nice words :)

Since we are building the exact HTML in the MDL examples, I think that if
ours is failing, so that should be happening with official MDL library...

> It works on my windows 10 machine on Chrome, FF, IE. Edge doesn’t show the
> slider button for some reason.
>
> Nice demo. I think when people see the source code, alongside the elegant
> result, they’ll be all the more curious about FlexJS.

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

RE: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Could you try in Firefox?

> I will try later on second laptop and yes I'm on Windows 10. Maybe
> something
> is wrong with my Chrome. :)
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Piotr,

just tried in Safari (is what I use most of the time), Google Chrome and
Firefox and all is ok.
I'm on macOS Sierra, you are on windows? maybe the OS is making some
problem?

> I've cleared browser catche before I tested it.
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Piotr,

just checked and rebuild and Slider valueChange is working as I left. You
can check the examples in MDLExample > Sliders page

​

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

I just checked Slider in example application with your newest changes and
valueChange still doesn't work.
Should it work with your changes ?

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Ok Peter, thanks, I test the effects, and seems all is working as I left.
Now that Slider is working I'll take a look and try to make the events work
in the component. I'll report If I find something blocking.

Thanks!

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Slider valueChange not working

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

--

Carlos Rovira