Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 19:43:34 UTC

kafka 0.8.2 add partitions on runtime

when I add partitions in topic after creation, do restart of producers
required?

I am using java producers and messages are keyed messages, so when total no
of partitions change do we need to restart producers or it gets no of
current partitions in each send call?

As per org.apache.kafka.common.utils.Utils.Cluster it seems partitions info
is cached at first time only ?

2.Since in kafka a partition is not divided among brokers so what if one
broker's disk gets full, do it stop taking new messages till new ISR
becomes leader for this partition ? And what if same situtaion happens and
my message is not keyed rather roundrobin ? Does it fails the write if
round robined broker is out of disk or it writes to any other broker?