Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Latin Mirambeau <la...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/09/02 17:02:57 UTC

Can't run servlets!

Sorry to bother u with this one but i've working on it
for three days and can't get it working!

I've installed tomcat 5.0.9, can compile my own
servlets and run the everything in the
servlets-examples directory but when i create my own
directory i can't get the servlets to run.

All instructions I've read about setting the CLASSPATH
variable point towards /common/lib/servlet.jar but
there doesn't appear to be such a thing.  I have set
the CLASSPATH to /common/lib/servlet-api.jar instead.
Is this correct?

I would be very grateful for any help!

Thanks,

latin

Re: Can't run servlets!

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
you shouldn't set your classpath at all.
Just run the start script in TOMCAT_HOME/bin, and the rest is taken care of

Filip

Re: Can't run servlets!

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
The servlets-examples explicitly use servlet-mappings for /servlet/*.  The
invoker servlet is disabled by default (since 4.1.12).  Uncomment the
<servlet-mapping> for the invoker servlet in CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml or
add this mapping to your own web.xml.....or explicitly create your own
servlet mappings for your servlets which is the best way to go anyway.

Jake