Posted to user@poi.apache.org by navjamsster <ku...@in.ibm.com> on 2009/02/02 07:05:42 UTC

Excel file creation in both Excel 2003 (.xls) and Excel 2007(.xlsm) format

Hi

Can we create a Excel depends on the client machine office format.
i.e. If  some client system has office 2007 in their system and they wanted
to create an Excel workbook in 2007 format(.xlsm) and some client has office
2003 and they wanted to create workbook in Excel 2003 format(.xls). Can we
create both type of workbook from the same application using poi 3.5 beta
version depending upon the client machine excel format.

Sample example is useful

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Excel file creation in both Excel 2003 (.xls) and Excel 2007(.xlsm) format

Posted by Pierre Lavignotte <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

I guess you're talking about a web application.
The problem is how to detect the Excel version on the client side...
I don't know if it's possible with some JS or so but it's not a POI problem,
it's a web problem.

You can still go with 2 links a let the client choose the one he needs.

Pierre

Cordialement,
Pierre Lavignotte
Ingénieur Conception & Développement