Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2017/01/31 08:27:56 UTC

Twitter accounts?

Do we have a process for Twitter accounts such that we can share a login
amongst a project's committers and don't end up losing the account if the
person who opened it becomes unavailable?

Looking to figure out how to manage the apachemxnet twitter account.

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Twitter accounts?

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Hen.
As with many things at the ASF, each project implements whatever process best suits them.
I have been involved in the Twitter side of things with some of our projects to help them ramp up their marketing/outreach activities. They had a very tightly controlled process with their Twitter account, and often linked access through Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, with credentials/control kept within the PMC.
I hope this helps!
Warmly,Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

  On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:27, Henri Yandell<ba...@apache.org> wrote:   Do we have a process for Twitter accounts such that we can share a login amongst a project's committers and don't end up losing the account if the person who opened it becomes unavailable?

Re: Twitter accounts?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> Do we have a process for Twitter accounts such that we can share a login
> amongst a project's committers and don't end up losing the account if the
> person who opened it becomes unavailable?
>
> Looking to figure out how to manage the apachemxnet twitter account.

There's a recommendation in this set of social media best practices:

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/socialmedia#access

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Twitter accounts?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31 January 2017 at 10:15, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 31/01/2017 08:27, Henri Yandell wrote:
>> Do we have a process for Twitter accounts such that we can share a login
>> amongst a project's committers and don't end up losing the account if
>> the person who opened it becomes unavailable?
>>
>> Looking to figure out how to manage the apachemxnet twitter account.
>
> Set up the account using the private@ address and put the password in
> the project's private repo?

If necessary to protect it further, the password can be encrypted with
the public keys of several of the PMC members.
Only they can then decrypt it with their private keys. AIUI any of
these can later add another public key to the file.

Re: Twitter accounts?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.