Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Fred Yoo <fr...@troux.com> on 2001/11/14 14:44:53 UTC

uploading stress testing questions

I can't say whether I am in the right place to ask this question, but I was
wondering if this list couldn't provide support if someone could point me in
the right direction...

My company has a Java (EJB) application with a front-end site, the server on
the back-end takes in POSTS from clients that have Java agents running on
them.  The upload that these agents POST is a partially formed XML document.
We have provided hooks into the beans so that when we receive the partial
XML file, we then merge it into our parent skeleton and then verify it
against our DTD.

My original intention was to use JMeter to mimic the role of these agents
performing their POST, over 8080 or 8443, and then to provide some metrics
based on the performance of our web server.  The only problem is that JMeter
doesn't seem to be 'seeing' any of these posts, and I think that it is just
ignoring it since it is a malformed XML file.  I can't send a valid XML file
because the DTD will spit out an error saying it is an invalid XML file with
dual headers.

I think that with most load/performance testing software, I will be running
into the same problem.  Is there something out there that anyone knows of,
or a way to configure JMeter to work with this particular project, outside
of just sending a whole bunch of POSTS from a script file and then testing
the load with a perfmon on the server measuring packets in a Win2K
environment or Solaris?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if anything is unclear please let
me know!

Fred