Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/02/01 23:05:34 UTC

Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Hi Everybody!

I sat down and wrote up a few things that were going on recently that I’d like to share with you:

Changes and New Beginnings

    http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/changes-and-new-beginnings.html

CouchDB Conf Recap

    http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/couchdb-conf-berlin-recap.html

The State of CouchDB (from CouchDB Conf):

    http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/the-state-of-couchdb.html

* * *

From my heart, thanks for being such a great community, I wouldn’t know what to do without you!

Love
Jan

Re: Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
>> According to me, an easily "understandable roadmap" (aka "not JIRA") is indeed one of the most important things to publish for an open-source software.
> If you fancy helping, we should just move all of them, with their descriptions into discrete JIRA tickets. If you feel like opening 50 tickets today, that’d be most welcome. Bonus points for anyone who helps :)

Well, I'm afraid I am a bit overbooked right now.

But my comment was more about keeping a "user friendly" features list easily accessible from the Web site.
JIRA is probably very powerful but not "human readable" enough for someone who is just asking himself if he will adopt CouchDB.

Regards,

Aurélien

Re: Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Feb 5, 2013, at 14:50 , Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>> The next few slides show a [long list a few features](https://gist.github.com/rnewson/2387973) that we’ll be working on. If you think anything is missing, let us know!
>
> Thanks a lot for this long awaited list :)
>
> I think this list should have some "publicity" on the official Web site.
> According to me, an easily "understandable roadmap" (aka "not JIRA") is indeed one of the most important things to publish for an open-source software.

If you fancy helping, we should just move all of them, with their descriptions into discrete JIRA tickets. If you feel like opening 50 tickets today, that’d be most welcome. Bonus points for anyone who helps :)

Best
Jan

Re: Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
Dear All,

Posted by Wendall Cada <we...@83864.com>.
Thank you for the wonderful write ups Jan! Your contributions have
always been and always will be greatly appreciated. I owe a debt for the
many times you've helped me over the last few years. Looking forward to
the future.

Wendall

Posted by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net>.
This is all very good news.  Thanks Jan!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This is brilliant.

Thanks for sharing Jan.

2013 is going to be an awesome year for CouchDB.

Thanks everyone!

Love,

On 1 February 2013 22:05, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>
> I sat down and wrote up a few things that were going on recently that I’d
> like to share with you:
>

> Changes and New Beginnings
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/changes-and-new-beginnings.html
>

> CouchDB Conf Recap
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/couchdb-conf-berlin-recap.html
>

> The State of CouchDB (from CouchDB Conf):
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/the-state-of-couchdb.html
>
> * * *
>
> From my heart, thanks for being such a great community, I wouldn’t know
> what to do without you!
>
> Love
> Jan

NS

Re: Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This is brilliant.

Thanks for sharing Jan.

2013 is going to be an awesome year for CouchDB.

Thanks everyone!

Love,

On 1 February 2013 22:05, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>
> I sat down and wrote up a few things that were going on recently that I’d
> like to share with you:
>

> Changes and New Beginnings
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/changes-and-new-beginnings.html
>

> CouchDB Conf Recap
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/couchdb-conf-berlin-recap.html
>

> The State of CouchDB (from CouchDB Conf):
>
>     http://writing.jan.io/2013/02/01/the-state-of-couchdb.html
>
> * * *
>
> From my heart, thanks for being such a great community, I wouldn’t know
> what to do without you!
>
> Love
> Jan

NS

Re: Changes, CouchDB Conf Berlin & The State of CouchDB

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.
w00t!

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>.
+1