Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2006/03/03 15:15:52 UTC

Release 2.1.9 (again)

I am pinging again to see where we stand. AFAIK the only thing we are
waiting for is Sylvain's blessing on Ajax.  Also, does Ajax need to be
marked stable since Forms depends on it?

Ralph

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I am pinging again to see where we stand. AFAIK the only thing we are
> waiting for is Sylvain's blessing on Ajax.  Also, does Ajax need to be
> marked stable since Forms depends on it?

Please wait a few more days (not more, promise!), I'm nearly finished
with the new Ajax stuff, and we'll be able to mark Ajax stable also.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez
http://bluxte.net

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Hi Sylvain,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> <map:match pattern="resources/dojo/**">
>>    <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/dojo/resources/{1}"/>
>> </map:match>
>

> Hmm... do you really need that?

Yep, in my current situation i needed this. I'm not sure why, probably
because we developed custom stylesheets for forms and maybe altered a
bit the default resource uri :)

Simply I thought that since it's working very well here, the simplest
problem for "nothing is working anymore" could be that JS resources are
not loaded anymore due to the change from "resources/ajax/js/" to
"resources/dojo", expecially for applications migrating from 2.1.x<9 and
2.1.X->9.

> With the Dojo stuff, I added a <map:match
> pattern="_cocoon/resources/*/**"> in the root sitemap, which allows
> any block/jar to provide resources, which are mounted at a fixed
> location (to increase browser cache efficiency).

Yep, this is surely the best approach, il try to trim this application
of mine resources path so that it will load directly from the root sitemap.

> Sylvain

Simone
--
Simone Gianni

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
> I checked out latest 2.1.X yesterday and had the same problems,
> nothing client side (submit on change, other events) worked anymore.
> The error was it could not find a lot of dojo related stuff, I just
> had to add a match in the sitemap for the dojo javascript :
>
> <map:match pattern="resources/dojo/**">
>    <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/dojo/resources/{1}"/>
> </map:match>

Hmm... do you really need that?

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Simone Gianni schrieb:
> Hi Carsten,
> I checked out latest 2.1.X yesterday and had the same problems, nothing
> client side (submit on change, other events) worked anymore. The error
> was it could not find a lot of dojo related stuff, I just had to add a
> match in the sitemap for the dojo javascript :
>
> <map:match pattern="resources/dojo/**">
>     <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/dojo/resources/{1}"/>
> </map:match>

D'oh, yes, that could be my problem as well - I'll check that next week.
Thanks for the hint, Simone.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Hi Carsten,
I checked out latest 2.1.X yesterday and had the same problems, nothing
client side (submit on change, other events) worked anymore. The error
was it could not find a lot of dojo related stuff, I just had to add a
match in the sitemap for the dojo javascript :

<map:match pattern="resources/dojo/**">
    <map:read src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/dojo/resources/{1}"/>
</map:match>

Now they all work properly again. I haven't yet run a lot of test with
ajax enabled, but at first sight it seems to work better than the old
ajax system.

I don't know if this is your problem, just thought it worth mentioning
the new javascript location and the fact that they are working for me.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni

Re: Release 2.1.9 (again)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I am pinging again to see where we stand. AFAIK the only thing we are
> waiting for is Sylvain's blessing on Ajax.  Also, does Ajax need to be
> marked stable since Forms depends on it?

We experienced some strange problems with latest forms as some of our
applications
using javascript are not working properly anymore (all browsers on
windows and linux). I did not have enough time to dive into the real
problem - it might be our own code which needs to be adapted to latest
forms or it might be a problem in the forms/ajax block. We downgraded to
a svn snapshot just before the change to dojo and everything works
perfectly.
Hopefully, I'll have time by the end of next week to find the problem.

Anyways, I think we should also mark the ajax block stable - as soon as
we are confident that everything works as expected.

What about the template block from 2.2?