Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Theodosios Paschalidis <th...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/16 23:41:21 UTC

Separating Strut and Validator errors

Hi all,

a quick newbie question.
When I use an ActionError in my Action class in conjuction with the Validator, I get all my errors reported as server side validations (i.e. no java script).

I have found the following code in the book "Struts In Action" to handle that but I guess it's depreciated... I searched over the web for a way to achieve the same but with no luck. Does anybody know what replaced the <logic:messages> tag or a way to achieve the same?

Thank you for your time,
Theo

<logic:messagesPresent>
<UL>
<logic:messages id="error">
<LI> <bean:write name="errors"/> </LI>
</logic:messages>
</UL>
</logic:messagesPresent>

Re: Separating Strut and Validator errors

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#errors
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#messages