Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Domenico Mammola <d....@aliasmedia.it> on 2001/08/31 10:47:25 UTC

Error in API doc?

Hi,
I'm working on a small CMS based on servlets and Velocity 1.1.
Maybe I've found a mistake in the Velocity API documentation.
In the "RuntimeConstants" interface page of Velocity 1.1. API documentation
is written:
[...]
VM_CONTEXT_LOCALSCOPE
public static final java.lang.String VM_CONTEXT_LOCALSCOPE
switch for local context in VM : default true
[...]
But in the user guide is written:
[...]
velocimacro.context.localscope - This property has the
    possible values true or false, and the default is false.
[...]
I performed some tests and the user guide seems to be right.

Did anyone else notice this?

Domenico

--

ing. Domenico Mammola

Alias Media S.r.l. gruppo ITH S.p.A.
www.aliasmedia.it

Re: Emacs mode

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 8/31/01 7:29 AM, "John Reid" <jr...@openconnect.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Does anybody have an editting mode for emacs for Velocity templates?

No, actually, and that would be great to have to add to the collection.

 Any emacs hackers out there want to take this up?  (I am merely a devoted
emacs user...)

Geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb

Emacs mode

Posted by John Reid <jr...@openconnect.co.uk>.
Hi there

Does anybody have an editting mode for emacs for Velocity templates?

John Reid
jreid@openconnect.co.uk
+44 28 9332 9322
---

Re: Error in API doc?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 8/31/01 4:47 AM, "Domenico Mammola" <d....@aliasmedia.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm working on a small CMS based on servlets and Velocity 1.1.
> Maybe I've found a mistake in the Velocity API documentation.

Likely :)

> In the "RuntimeConstants" interface page of Velocity 1.1. API documentation
> is written:
> [...]
> VM_CONTEXT_LOCALSCOPE
> public static final java.lang.String VM_CONTEXT_LOCALSCOPE
> switch for local context in VM : default true
> [...]
> But in the user guide is written:
> [...]
> velocimacro.context.localscope - This property has the
>   possible values true or false, and the default is false.
> [...]
> I performed some tests and the user guide seems to be right.
>
> Did anyone else notice this?

Whoops.  Thanks for catching that.  It is false, and should be.  I updated
the javadoc.

Geir