Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by epsonic <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/17 16:34:26 UTC

Log4net Appender problem under Linux (mono 1.2.4)

Hi
I have created a simple project for test purpose to test the UDP  appender
of the Log4net.
For that I have created a simple UDP server listnening on a pre-configured
port.
Another widnows client application sends over Log4net UDP APpender messages
to the server.
 Here is my appender Log4net configuration:
<appender name="UdpAppender" type="log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">
    <remoteAddress value="localhost" />
    <remotePort value="8083" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout, log4net">
        <conversionPattern value="%message" />
    </layout>
</appender>

In a Windows microsoft .Net environment all the messages are sent to the
server.

Windows Client => Windows Server :OK
Windows Client => Linux server      :OK
Linux client      => Linux server      :Not OK
Linux client      => Windows server :Not OK

I'm using \log4net-1.2.10\bin\mono\1.0\release\log4net.dll

Thank you for your help