Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Meindert Oldenburger <me...@pallas-athena.com> on 2009/07/21 16:37:07 UTC

Howto report a BUG on axis2j

Hello,

It is possible that i found a serious bug, it cost me days to find out
that it is not our application, we think, but tomcat/axis2j webserver
combination.

Description of our test environment:

We have two services in the webserver (tomcat/axis2j), one gives the
axis version, and another calculates two numbers and returns the result.
This means that both services results in two different wsdl's.

Now we have a client that gets the wsdl (libcurl) and tries to find the
operation expected to be in the wsdl.

GetVersion?wsdl has operation "show_version"
TestService?wsdl has operation "calc_numbers"

Description of the problem:

Now we start calling two clients at ones (parallel) xxx times. Each
client knows about which operation belongs to a particular web services.

Now we think that the web server is not always sending the correct wsdl
back to a particular client.

To exclude problems on our side, we set-up another machine with the same
webservices and call only web-services A from machine A and web-services
B from machine B. Now we have no problem.

Best regards,

Meindert

Meindert Oldenburger | Software Engineer

Piet Joubertstraat 4 | 7315 AV | Apeldoorn | The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)55 368 53 00 | F: +31 (0)55 368 53 11
www.pallas-athena.com

Pallas Athena International
Business Process Management software & solutions

Re: Howto report a BUG on axis2j

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
The address of the bug tracker is:

http://issues.apache.org/jira