Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "FIALKOWSKI,ERIC (HP-Boise,ex1)" <er...@hp.com> on 2001/04/12 17:55:34 UTC

Newbie needing help

First of all, is there an archive for this list?  I'd hate to be the 101st
person to ask the same question.

As for my current problem, I am getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' elemet must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
28)

when I try to deploy any of the sample services.

I get a similar example when I try to run any of the samples after manually
installing the service.

I'm not even sure where to look for the problem.

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1, Soap 2.1, xerces 1.3.1, JDK 1.3 on Windows 2K.  I am
behind a firewall but I have the proxy settings enabled and haven't had
problems with it in other apps.