Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2007/08/08 17:09:07 UTC

T5: component libraries

Hello all,

In tap 4 it was possible to bundle/include external libraries; create
the classes/assets/templates/spec files in a package, give it a library
descriptor, drop it in the class path, and finally declare a reference
to it in the app descriptor. Lots of steps, but possible.
In tap 5 components must live in the components package under the app
namespace. Don't get me wrong I much prefer convention over
configuration, but is it still possible to declare/include 3rd party
component libraries? If so, how?

thanks!

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, wrong thread. My apology.

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Ognen Ivanovski <og...@netcetera.com.mk>.

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Ognen Ivanovski <og...@netcetera.com.mk>.
On 2007-08-08, at 17:31, Chris Lewis wrote:

> Not sure I agree with that! Thank you very much for showing how its
> done. Is there discussion on the website about the method
> "contributeComponentClassResolver", for the service that it seems
> to imply (ComponentClassResolver)?

Yes, you have to read the docs on http://tapestry.apache.org/
tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/ in order to see how services are declared,
wired up and contributed to. After you go through it, the example I
gave will look quite obvious [you have to know the conventions in
order for them to work].

> thanks again

No prob.

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Chris Lewis <ch...@bellsouth.net>.
"And you are done. Can't be simpler ;) "

Re: T5: component libraries

Posted by Ognen Ivanovski <og...@netcetera.com.mk>.