Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by co...@linuxpower.nu on 2006/10/20 14:25:41 UTC

Reconnect durable subscription with networked brokers

Hello all again,

Now I just tried out my little bridged broker network test with 4.0.2 (RC5) and
it still doesn't seem to work.

I have a setup like this

left <-> bridge <-> right (three brokers)

Publisher on broker 'left', durable subscriber on 'right'.

When aborting broker bridge in the middle and restarting it, the subscribtion
doesn't resume.

I don't get a stacktrace anymore, but still an error.

INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://bridge#2
and tcp://localhost:61618 shutdown due to a local error: javax.jms.JMSException:
 Durable consumer is in use for client: NC_right_inboundbridge and subscriptionN
ame: bridge_TEST.DURABLETOPIC

My setup is fairly simple, but i've included the networkConnector parts for all
three. Otherwise than the reconnect problem it works like a charm.

Also, when restarting the publishing broker (left) I get the following problem:

INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between vm://left#0 an
d tcp://localhost:61617 shutdown due to a local error: javax.jms.JMSException: D
urable consumer is in use for client: NC_bridge_inboundleft and subscriptionName
: left_TEST.DURABLETOPIC
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection between f
rom vm://left?network=true to failover:(tcp://localhost:61617)?maxReconnectDelay
=1000
WARN  DemandForwardingBridge         - Caught exception from local start
java.io.IOException: Transport disposed.
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.oneway(VMTransport.java:
70)

I apologize if I ask a repetitive question, but I got the inpression that this
problem was fixed. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time, otherwise I
would be interested in contributing to this project since I find it way cool
8-).

//J

-- left

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616" />
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="left to bridge"
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)" failover="true" networkTTL="5" />
    </networkConnectors>

-- bridge

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61617"  />
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="jmsnet-left"
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61616)" failover="true" networkTTL="5"/>
      <networkConnector name="jmsnet-right"
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61618)" failover="true" networkTTL="5"/>
    </networkConnectors>

-- right

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61618" />
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="right to bridge"