Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Mohssin Assaban <mo...@OurMaroc.com> on 2002/04/04 15:33:23 UTC

Data Compression

Hi All,

I have some performance problems because of the big size of data that is
being transferred over HTTP

I was thinking about this problem and I tough my can be this a solution

Compressing the SOAP request from the client before sending it to the
server, the server must first decompress the request, handle it, compress it
again and than send it back to the client. Finally the client must
decompress the data and do what he wants to do.

I think this will reduce the traffic, which also means better performance.

Does anyone know how to implement some type of compression for SOAP or have
some example to do this?  Or some other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Mohssin