Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stefan Arentz <st...@soze.com> on 2001/02/05 11:29:08 UTC

How Stable and The Perfect Combination

Hi People! I have some questions about the usage of mod_perl
in an almost embedded environment. We want to put Apache with
mod_perl in a FreeBSD 4.2 powered server appliance that has
almost no remote admin capabilities. Things need to keep
running for months.

Our concern is the stability of mod_perl. My last mod_perl
project was 1.5 years ago on HP/UX and I remember we had
lots of weird crashes and memory leaks.

How has this changed? I see that the current version of
mod_perl is 1.25, is this considered stable?

Is 1.25 with Perl 5.005_03 and Apache 1.3.17 a good proven
combination? if not, which versions should I use?

Thanks!

  Stefan