Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/24 17:43:58 UTC

MyFaces Commons project: aliasBean

Why wouldn't aliasBean work as a commons project component?   I
haven't looked at the implementation, but at first glance of the docs,
it doesn't seem to do anything renderkit-specific.   I looked at the
renderer implementation and it simply looks like its being used as a
callback hook back into the component, and it's not doing any
rendering.

Re: MyFaces Commons project: aliasBean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Alias-Bean works with RI as well, but not if you use component bindings.

The problem why it doesn't work is an ommission in the spec - bindings
are restored out of the JSF-request-lifecycle, outside of a tree
iteration. I have (a long time ago) filed a bug against the spec with
regards to this - it hasn't been fixed yet, I hope the fix will be in
2.0.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: MyFaces Commons project: aliasBean

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> Why wouldn't aliasBean work as a commons project component?   I
> haven't looked at the implementation, but at first glance of the docs,
> it doesn't seem to do anything renderkit-specific.

I think their problem is that you can use the aliasBeansScope (for
example) to group components together while the layouting engine just
sees the single component. (Just a guess)
But we can still add it to the commons project.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Well, if aliasBean only works with Myfaces Core, I wonder why we even
include it with Tomahawk.  It sounds like it should really be an
extension point of MyFaces Core.

In any case, it doesn't sound like a candidate for MyFaces commons at present.

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Mike,