Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Joji John <jj...@ebates.com> on 2015/07/24 12:21:26 UTC

ERROR SparkUI: Failed to bind SparkUI java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Service 'SparkUI' failed after 16 retries!

HI,

I am getting this error for some of spark applications. I have multiple spark applications running in parallel. Is there a limit in the number of spark applications that I can run in parallel.

ERROR SparkUI: Failed to bind SparkUI

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Service 'SparkUI' failed after 16 retries!

Thanks

Joji john

Re: ERROR SparkUI: Failed to bind SparkUI java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Service 'SparkUI' failed after 16 retries!

Posted by Ajay Singal <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joji,

To my knowledge, Spark does not offer any such function.

I agree, defining a function to find an open (random) port would be a good
option.  However,  in order to invoke the corresponding SparkUI one needs
to know this port number.

Thanks,
Ajay

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
For each of your job, you can pass spark.ui.port to bind to a different
port.

Thanks
Best Regards

Posted by Joji John <jj...@ebates.com>.