Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Matus Zamborsky <za...@b-ideas.eu> on 2009/07/15 14:45:43 UTC

[Vysper] things to do

Hi,
I emailed Bernd few days ago, that I would be glad to help in developing
Vysper. I went through the sourcecode and I think it's quite organized.
I also looked at JIRA to see what's done and what to do next. As I don't
exactly know what is everybody doing, what do you think I can work on?

Regards

Matus

Re: [Vysper] things to do

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> Hi,
> I emailed Bernd few days ago, that I would be glad to help in developing
> Vysper. I went through the sourcecode and I think it's quite organized.
> I also looked at JIRA to see what's done and what to do next. As I don't
> exactly know what is everybody doing, what do you think I can work on?

Hi Matus,

it's completely your choice. Just choose stuff you enjoy working on.

My recommendation is to start with
a. a simple improvement, a bugfix for example, or
b. trying to find out where unit tests are incomplete and work on them.

So, you would get more familiar with the code and the way we work.

Have fun,

 Bernd

Re: [Vysper] things to do

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> Hi,
> I emailed Bernd few days ago, that I would be glad to help in
> developing Vysper. I went through the sourcecode and I think it's
> quite organized. I also looked at JIRA to see what's done and what to
> do next. As I don't exactly know what is everybody doing, what do you
> think I can work on?
First, thanks for your interest !

The best is really to pick a JIRA you think you can fix. If one of the
current developpers is going to work on it, then he should modify the
status to attribute the issue ti himself (in all of this mail, him/he =
him/her-he/she).

In any case, you can also add a comment on the JIRA saying that you are
trying to find a fix for the problem, it's quite unlikely that someone
will fix it before you do. If so, then the best is to discuss the fix
with the current developer through JIRA (you may have better ideas, so
it's valuable to have another perspective).

Don't worry too much, in general, there is too many things to do for the
current developers, so I don't think you should fear duplication of
effort  :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com