Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan-Olav Eide <Ja...@fast.no> on 2007/02/28 13:46:53 UTC

Making resources defined in a superpom available to underlying poms.

I have a pom with packaging jar that contains a number of modules
(possibly nested). I have some resources that I want to be available to
all underlying poms . In my case it is a reference to a checkstyle
configuration file, but it could be anything (such as the stylesheet
used for javadoc generation). I have defined a property with the
_absolute_ path to this file in the top level pom, but is that the best
way to do it? I'd rather use a relative path (relative to the top
level), is that possible?

--
jo

Re: Making resources defined in a superpom available to underlying poms.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
No, you just have to declare it in our parent pom.
Just try to see if it works...

Parent
  | --- module1
  | --- module2
  | --- ...
  | --- src
  |       | --- main
  |       |        | --- config
  |       |        |        | --- checkstyle.xml
  | --- pom.xml

Rémy

RE: Making resources defined in a superpom available to underlying poms.

Posted by Jan-Olav Eide <Ja...@fast.no>.
I was hoping I could define the resource only once. If I understand you correctly, the plugin configuration below needs to be present in all poms?