Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> on 2003/10/23 06:53:52 UTC

Any way to put the output of a JSP into a String?

I'd like to be able retrieve a JSP on the same server as a String so I can
email attach it as a customer's receipt (as well as displaying it on the
screen later).  I'd prefer to not have to make an outside HTTP request but
simply as the server to give it to me as a string.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Clues are appreciated as long
as they aren't Sherlock Holmes' difficulty level. :)

Regards,
David

RE: Any way to put the output of a JSP into a String?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Take a look at <bean:include>.

 http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-bean.html#include

--