Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dmitry Letin <dl...@i-com.com> on 2002/09/19 22:24:33 UTC

mod_jk2, virtual hosts, JkUriSet

Hi,

Has anybody managed to successfully connect apache virtual hosts to different
instances of tomcat using mod_jk2?

I spent several days looking at all available documentation, mail archives and
a bit of source code but could not make a working solution.

I have no problem connecting to a single TomcatInstance. Problems start when
I need to connect to two separate instances.

I did check docs in http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html
and found them not helpful.

For simplicity:
I need to connect /*.jsp from apache VirtualHost1 to TomcatInstance1
and /*.jsp from apache VirtualHost2 to TomcatInstance2

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could send required fragments from
a WORKING config files: httpd.conf, workers2.conf and jk2.properties.

>From jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2/mod_jk2.c I found:

 * Example:
 *   <VirtualHost foo.com>
 *      <Location /examples>
 *         JkUriSet worker ajp13
 *      </Location>
 *   </VirtualHost>
 *
 * This is the best way to define a webapplication in apache. It is
 * scalable ( using apache native optimizations, you can have hundreds
 * of hosts and thousands of webapplications ), 'natural' to any
 * apache user.

Does it work properly at all?

In my case I have:

<VirtualHost vh1>
     <Location /*.jsp>
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost vh2>
     <Location /*.jsp>
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8013
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

But in the end all requests (even from vh1) are routed to worker ajp13:localhost:8013
But I expected them to be routed to ajp13:localhost:8009

Looks like a bug to me.

Thanks,
Dmitry Letin