Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Firmin David <da...@capco.com> on 2001/03/16 10:38:48 UTC

Prechecking with

-----Original Message-----
From: Ana Narvaez Vila [mailto:ana.narvaez@sema.es]
Sent: 16 March 2001 08:56
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Deactivate URL-rewriting in logoff action.

What I was trying to say is that when logoff action is called, my
application ends and the user goes to another location. Although I
invalidate() session in logoff, when ActionServlet forward to next page
creates a new session that is not really used by anyone.

For example, I want user to go to www.altavista.com after logoff action
so I don't need new session.

<action path="/logoff"
        type="com.company.package.LogoffAction">
        <forward name="finish" path="http://altavista.com"
redirect="true" />
</action>

Thaks

"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Ana Narvaez Vila wrote:
>
> > Logoff action usually invalidates session and sends browser to a index
> > or welcome page, so it is not necesary to rewrite the URL.
> >
> > ActionServlet must have a session, so if there isn't a valid session it
> > creates one.
> > Question is: Is there a way to say to ActionServlet not to create a new
I've seen it in action in the test app, I've read the documentation, but I
still can't make it happen.

I have a list of checkboxes generated *dynamically* from DB records by the
<logic:iterate> & <html:multibox> tags. The user defines their own subset of
these checkboxes by checking them on the screen. Their DB record is then
updated accordingly when the form is submitted. When the user views their
subset at a later date, the boxes they've chosen need to appear prechecked
in the list.
The value of the checkbox has to be the DB identity(?), as the list contains
all possibilities and not just the user subset. So how can I work
out/display with html:multibox which of the boxes the user selected?
(Would be easy with an if(item.isChecked()) scriptlet, but sadly, this will
not parse within the multibox tag)

At the moment I have this (within iterate):
where item_ids is a collection of all possible ids returned from the DB,
from which the user can select/edit their own subset. This gives me my list
with all the correct Ids behind all the correct checkboxes, but I can't
figure out how to incorporate the user's existing selection and precheck
them...

Thanks in advance

Rgds

David

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com