Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "C.Yunqin" <34...@qq.com> on 2012/03/08 07:05:13 UTC

two solr instances using one index

Hi, everyone

      2 solr server nodes point  to  the same data directory (same index).  did the two solr instances work independently ?
    i found it was strange : one node (node0) can do complex search(for example:q:"disease"&sort=dateCreated), but the other(node1) using the same search reported out o f memory.  (the java -Xmx4G  is enough)

and i tried to start node1 first after we kill  node0  (if i kept node0 running , i can never start node1 without heap size error! Which will impact the performance of node1 to perform complex search) , any complex search can complete well.

did anybody meet the problem ever and any ideal about it ? ps: my solr version is 1.3