Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org> on 2006/03/25 02:01:55 UTC

SableVM / Harmony Collaboration

Hi All,

Good news!  I have received all the necessary permissions to license
SableVM under the Apache License 2.0 (AL2).  See:
 http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-devel/2006-March/000620.html

I hope that licensing SableVM under the AL2 will mark the start of a
nice collaboration between the Harmony and SableVM projects.  I think
that a model of collaboration has been shaping up in recent discussions:

- SableVM development stays on http://sablevm.org . Some individual
  Harmony developers will hopefully submit patches and gain commit
  privileges, but must then do so under SableVM's traditions and
  contribution policy.

- Some SableVM individual contributors will hopefully want to contribute
  patches and code to the Harmony class libraries.  They will have to do
  so under Harmony's traditions and contribution policy.  [I will
  most probably be in this category.  Feel rested; I won't ask for any
  special treatment just for submitting a patch now and then!]

  (no cross-posting please!).

- Everyone smiles and is happy!  The world is beautiful. :-)

Hmmm...  Have I got something wrong?

Cheers,

Etienne

PS:  Please be patient.  It will probably take a little time to double
check everything before making the official license change in our
repository.  We certainly don't want to have any license conflict in
code we distribute.

Re: SableVM / Harmony Collaboration

Posted by Enrico Migliore <en...@fatti.com>.
Etienne Gagnon wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Good news!  I have received all the necessary permissions to license
>SableVM under the Apache License 2.0 (AL2).  See:
> http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-devel/2006-March/000620.html
>

>I hope that licensing SableVM under the AL2 will mark the start of a
>nice collaboration between the Harmony and SableVM projects.  I think
>that a model of collaboration has been shaping up in recent discussions:
>
>- SableVM development stays on http://sablevm.org . Some individual
>  Harmony developers will hopefully submit patches and gain commit
>  privileges, but must then do so under SableVM's traditions and
>  contribution policy.
>
>- Some SableVM individual contributors will hopefully want to contribute
>  patches and code to the Harmony class libraries.  They will have to do
>  so under Harmony's traditions and contribution policy.  [I will
>  most probably be in this category.  Feel rested; I won't ask for any
>  special treatment just for submitting a patch now and then!]

>  (no cross-posting please!).
>
>- Everyone smiles and is happy!  The world is beautiful. :-)
>

>Hmmm...  Have I got something wrong?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Etienne
>
>PS:  Please be patient.  It will probably take a little time to double
>check everything before making the official license change in our
>repository.  We certainly don't want to have any license conflict in
>code we distribute.

Great!

 Enrico

Re: SableVM / Harmony Collaboration

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:01:55PM -0500, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Good news!  I have received all the necessary permissions to license
> SableVM under the Apache License 2.0 (AL2).  See:
>  http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-devel/2006-March/000620.html
>

> I hope that licensing SableVM under the AL2 will mark the start of a
> nice collaboration between the Harmony and SableVM projects.  I think
> that a model of collaboration has been shaping up in recent discussions:
>
> - SableVM development stays on http://sablevm.org . Some individual
>   Harmony developers will hopefully submit patches and gain commit
>   privileges, but must then do so under SableVM's traditions and
>   contribution policy.
>
> - Some SableVM individual contributors will hopefully want to contribute
>   patches and code to the Harmony class libraries.  They will have to do
>   so under Harmony's traditions and contribution policy.  [I will
>   most probably be in this category.  Feel rested; I won't ask for any
>   special treatment just for submitting a patch now and then!]

>   (no cross-posting please!).
>
> - Everyone smiles and is happy!  The world is beautiful. :-)

Excellent! Merci beaucoup!

cheers,
dalibor topic