Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Bothne <Ri...@Bothne.com> on 2001/01/16 05:39:37 UTC

Digester used in EJB

I’m using the Digester class in an EJB. It works great under JRun.
We’re moving our apps to WebLogic and I’ve been having a couple of problems.
Since the Digester uses Class.forName(“className”) to load and create
classes, the classes it creates
while ‘Digesting’ must be loadable from the ClassLoader that struts.jar is
using.
Since my classes are in an EJB and struts.jar is in the System ClassLoader I
get
a ClassNotFoundException when parsing. I’m not sure how to get around this
problem without either putting the EJB classes in the System classpath, or
extracting
the Digester classes from the struts.jar and putting them into my EJB.jar
file.

Am I missing something?

Richard Bothne
Senior Software Engineer
Xporta, Inc.
275 Saratoga Avenue Suite 260
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Work%01275+Saratoga+
Ave%1495050%14us&addr=275+Saratoga+Ave&csz=95050&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Ma
p>
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-556-1422 [direct]
408-556-1400 [main]