Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2004/12/29 17:15:42 UTC

Re: Whitelist spamassassin.apache.org?

>> jdow wrote:
>> > From: "Loren Wilton" <lw...@earthlink.net>

>> > bypasses

>> > With procmail that's easy. With other tools I cannot say.
>>
>> Exactly.  I have been unable to find a way to do this on a system which
>> does not use procmail.  I use qmail/qmail-scanner and so far am stuck
>> passing ALL mail through SA.  I cant figure out how to get around this.
>>
>> -Jim

Hi Jim,

I am using qmail as well. One of the problems that happened to come up when I was setting up the
system:
some mails have a copy sent to a second account, and the two recipients may have quite
different spam preferences.
I ended up with a setup where qmail-scanner only handles viruses and SA is invoked via
each accounts' .qmail scripts
Now, within the context of a .qmail file, qtools can be used to setup processing rules

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: Whitelist spamassassin.apache.org?

Posted by Rob Blomquist <ro...@verizon.net>.
On Wednesday 29 December 2004 9:07 am, Rainer Sokoll wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:34:34AM -0500, Jim Maul wrote:
> > Im using sitewide SA setup so there are no user prefs.  I'd really like
> > a way to do this within one of the tools that im already using if at all
> > possible.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

After all these suggestions and thoughts, I realized that all I have to do is
move my Kmail filters around to avoid filtering this list into my spampile.

But that still leaves marked as spam, which I why I wanted to whitelist it.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
USA

Re: Whitelist spamassassin.apache.org?

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:34:34AM -0500, Jim Maul wrote:

> Im using sitewide SA setup so there are no user prefs.  I'd really like
> a way to do this within one of the tools that im already using if at all
> possible.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

As of 3.x, this should be possible by using the Plugin API.
At least for people familiar with perl...
"man Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin"

Rainer

Re: Whitelist spamassassin.apache.org?

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.
hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:

>>>Exactly.  I have been unable to find a way to do this on a system which
>>>does not use procmail.  I use qmail/qmail-scanner and so far am stuck
>>>passing ALL mail through SA.  I cant figure out how to get around this.
>>>
>>>-Jim
>>>

> Hi Jim,
>
> I am using qmail as well. One of the problems that happened to come up when I was setting up the
> system:
> some mails have a copy sent to a second account, and the two recipients may have quite
> different spam preferences.
> I ended up with a setup where qmail-scanner only handles viruses and SA is invoked via
> each accounts' .qmail scripts
> Now, within the context of a .qmail file, qtools can be used to setup processing rules
>
> Wolfgang Hamann

Thanks for the reply.