Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/22 20:11:29 UTC

Tutorial on building an AMI

Hello,
Is there a tutorial available to build an Hadoop AMI (like
Cloudera's)? Cloudera has an 18.2 ami and for reasons I understand
they can't provide(as of now) AMIs for higher Hadoop versions until
they become stable.
I would like to create an AMI for 19.2 - so was hoping if there is a
guide for building one.

Thank you

Saptarshi Guha

Re: Tutorial on building an AMI

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Saptarshi,

You can use the guide at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonEC2 to
run Hadoop 0.19 or later on EC2. It includes instructions for building
your own customized AMI.

Cheers,
Tom