Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by testerinCO <cm...@comcast.net> on 2011/04/20 18:08:05 UTC

Can jmeter evaulate JQuery expressions?

After further investigation with firebug, I've noticed that the "housemade"
sessionid is buried in DOM which calls a JQuery.  I can see the expression
(sessionid) with firebug, but not with jmeter.  Is there a way to extract a
JQuery expression?

Re: Can jmeter evaulate JQuery expressions?

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
On 04/20/2011 07:53 PM, testerinCO wrote:
> yes, it was calculated using jquery and I have no idea at this point how to
> replicate it in jmeter.

Well, you *are* using Firebug already. You will have little choice but
to examine (or rather: single-step) the Javascript and find out how the
magic works.

Then use a BeanShellPostProcessor (right, Deepak?) that performs the
same logic and seeds a variable with the correct dynamic ID.

HTH,
Felix

Re: Can jmeter evaulate JQuery expressions?

Posted by testerinCO <cm...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Not directly. How did the value get into the DOM in the first place?. Either
it was part of the HTML/script that was returned (in which case JMeter can
extract using any of the post processors) or it was calculated using
javascript in which case you have to replicate that code.

regards
deepak