Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by ke...@apache.org on 2013/05/14 18:13:56 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Welcome Lewis John McGibbney as an OODT PMC member and committer!

Folks:

I'm happy to report that Lewis John McGibbney has accepted our invitation to become a committer on Apache OODT and to join the OODT Project Management Committee. WOOT!

Welcome, Lewis. Though I suspect many of us know you by reputation already, please feel free to make an introduction for yourself.

--k

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Lewis John McGibbney as an OODT PMC member and committer!

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,
Thank you very much for the invite to OODT.
I came to use OODT metadata catloging as my current work concerns tracking
of prior art associated with patent's from within the bioinformatics domain.
I've spoken with a number of guys from the OODT team over the months (and
years now!!!) and one of the first things I was told was "pick what you
need". I took this advice on board and took time to understand what it is
OODT could do for my use case... and it seems to fit pretty well.
I have an interest in making some positive improvements to the code base
and really look forward to implementing these where I can.
I have gradually become more and more fond of documentation so I will also
be proposing additions to what the community already has in place.
Basically, I would like to say thank you. I am looking forward to learning
more about the codebase and the community as time goes on.
Best for now
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Lewis John McGibbney as an OODT PMC member and committer!

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,

--
*Lewis*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome Lewis John McGibbney as an OODT PMC member and committer!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Lewis!! Welcome buddy!

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist