Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Nancy Scott <na...@hotmail.com> on 2014/08/12 14:43:01 UTC

uninstall

I am trying to uninstall OpenOffice. It won't let me. It says I have to close the program. It is closed. I just want it gone. It came with way too many other things that keep popping up on my computer. But now I can't get rid of it. Please help.

Re: uninstall

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 07:43:01 -0500
Nancy Scott <na...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to uninstall OpenOffice. It won't let me. It says I have to close the program. It is closed. I just want it gone. It came with way too many other things that keep popping up on my computer. But now I can't get rid of it. Please help.

You have obviously downloaded from an unofficial source, hence the obtrusive popups which the sponsors of such unofficial sites often add. As you are using Incredimail I assume your operating system is Windows. Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on TaskManager's Processes tab. Then try to uninstall OpenOffice.  A legitimate copy should uninstall easily at that stage. If yours doesn't (as I suspect it won't), you need to run a virus scan with updated virus definitions, then a malware scan (MalwareBytes is well regarded). You may need to run the virus scan again just to be sure.

For information, the only recommended source for OpenOffice download is
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect to SourceForge servers where the files are stored.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: uninstall

Posted by user <bu...@yahoo.de>.
I sometimes think such email are just to chagrin the developers...
you downloaded from one of this sources like:

download.free-openoffice-pro etc etc etc etc without realize it, that
this sides just fake but you find the official email-list of apache to
tell how bad the progam is??? mhhhh :-/