Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sakari Poussa <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/24 10:44:54 UTC

Extra parameters to KVM instances

Hi,

Is there a way to pass extra parameters to KVM VMs when they start? That
is, to the qemu.system-x86_64 command.

I am looking a way to expose SRIOV PCI device to the VM and I need to pass
extra parameters like this

qemu.system-x86_64 -device vfio-pci,host=3f:01.0 <normal-args>

Is this possible somehow?

--
Thanks, Sakari

Re: Extra parameters to KVM instances

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Yes, my PR will support your case if you implement assigning logic in
hooks. I do it specially to pass thru free GPUs, certain USB devices and
specific unmanaged VXLANS to VM.
PR can be found here. I tested it and hopefully, it will be added in 4.14,
but I will port it back for our org to 4.11.2/3.

Posted by Sakari Poussa <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

--
Sakari Poussa