Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@telerama.com> on 2002/11/27 04:04:25 UTC

what column type to use for 123.5?

Trying to make the right choice here.
I have a number that will have up to one decimal place and up to whole 3
digits.
I am using a double for this number in java, but the
<column name="age" type="DOUBLE" /> is choking, although I see a double as
a valid type in the dtd.

I am using tdk 2.1, mysql.

Can someone tell me what would be the appropriate column type?
Thanks!

Re: what column type to use for 123.5?

Posted by michael shek sia lim <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
Ummmm.... FLOAT ?

michael

Posted by David Wynter <da...@roamware.com>.
I'd use, for MySQL,

<column name="age" size="4,1" type="DECIMAL" />