Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Brian K. Buckley" <bb...@surfglobal.net> on 2002/03/18 23:30:35 UTC

servlet exception

Hello,  I was successfuly using xindice with the xincon webapp for awhile
when things suddenly stopped working with a recurring ServletException
"XMLDB - could not get collection/resource" error (track stack below).

I've noticed the addressbook webapp has also stopped working ("An ERROR has
occurred" message to the browser and a NullPointException at
Addresbook.AddContact.add message in my Tomcat window.).

Xindice seems to still work from the command line.

How should I go about determining what's gone wrong?  Where should I be
looking?

-Brian
(using xindice1.0 and the xincon.war downloaded just hours ago)

-----------------
javax.servlet.ServletException: XMLDB - could not get collection/resource:
 at xincon.DefaultServlet.requestDB(DefaultServlet.java:186)
 at xincon.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:150)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
----------------

Re: servlet exception

Posted by Jan Metzner <ja...@fhm.edu>.
Am Mon, 2002-03-18 um 23.30 schrieb Brian K. Buckley:
> -----------------
> javax.servlet.ServletException: XMLDB - could not get collection/resource:
>  at xincon.DefaultServlet.requestDB(DefaultServlet.java:186)
>  at xincon.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:150)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter

You will get this Servlet Exception if something went wrong while
retrieving a collection or resource from the database. You wont get it
if the col/res does not exists!
The full stack trace is on command line of your servlet engine!
I don't know the reason for this, but i think it is not xincon.

Jan